Monday, April 1, 2019

The Story Behind "The Garden of the Black Roses"

I've always had a fascination for black roses. Often they seem mysterious, sometimes almost in the realm of mythical. A true black rose, not a pseudo-deep red that looks black rose, is almost a rare if not non-existent flower.

It's how I view my life in general sometimes. I'm often in a fantasy world populated by mythical creatures and unusual objects. My imagination is stronger than my reality at times and my dreams can be very vivid. 

But I'm no fool. I know that in order to survive, some touch with reality needs to be present. Hence the Garden of the Black Roses was born. The Garden is my imagination is my retreat from the outside world. It is where my wildest thoughts and ideas for the subset projects that are created within congregate.

So what is Soft Firelight Creations?

Soft Firelight Creations is the second oldest project but the one with the oldest name. Originally Soft Firelight Creations and Garden of the Black Roses ran side by side to represent writing and crafting.

The imagery of a shop with a soft firelight glow lighting the area was what sparked the name. That imagery in itself was sparked from my crafting chair... Or well, rocking chair. There's something about the stereotypical, knitting by an open fireplace that speaks to me. 

So where to from here?

Soft Firelight Creations is going to hopefully become more active over the coming months. I've developed a blogging calendar that encompasses all three blogs. Sometimes, the topic + content will be the exact same between all three, and sometimes the topic will be the same but the content will be tailored more to that project.

My hope is that Monday's will be regular blogging day with the rest of the week being more for random content and updates. We'll see how I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment