Friday, November 29, 2019

December Craft Update

Yes I know I'm lazy... Super lazy. I haven't updated since April! I have been busy tho between work and preparing to take on a new Masters degree.

Anyway, I have some projects to share with you all.



Handbound Leather Book
I used some leather scraps to sew together and cover some heavy-duty cardboard. Then I used looseleaf paper as the pages. It actually hurt a fair bit binding the pages together. I used a combination of a tufting needle and my jeweller's pliers to put it all together.



Wedding Piece
This cross-stitched wedding piece was created for one of my oldest friends, Juby. Her wedding was so beautiful and I was glad I could attend it despite the bushfires. Those of you who have been following me for a while will know that for every friend and family member that has gotten married, I've created a wedding piece for. I have as yet to duplicate the same pattern twice. This piece was sold as a kit.



Small Clips
More little crochet clips I made for my sister. She's requested a fair number of items but these were pretty quick to complete while I last visited her. They all have barrette or snap backing.



Fingerless Gloves
These are what the majority of my Christmas presents are this year. They've been made with Bernat Velvet yarn. It's a super soft yarn that does feel like velvet once completed. I've lost count how many of these I've made. I haven't completed them all. So far I've completed the black sets and now I'm working through the pink ones.




Last update is about my Etsy shop. It's been deactivated by Etsy and so I'm in the progress of creating a new one on my Wix website. Hopefully, I'll get it completed soon and I'll have better control over what is being sold and how.

No comments:

Post a Comment